Sunday, September 10, 2006

MOJO AWARDS 2004 Arthur receives LIVING LEGEND

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

photos copyright ross halfin
June 22, 2004
The Mojo awards. It looks very different from yesterday. The ceiling's been lit, it's a giant Rubens mural (I only know this 'cos Mick Jones of the Clash pointed it out in his speech). A very nice vibe. I still have to do the shot in the library. Set it up and watch the awards with Jimmy Page on his table. He's also got his daughter Scarlet and son James with him, plus his bodyguard Wilf (this is a joke).

Pathetically the only person in the building with one is Morrissey and an entourage of Sanctuary minions who follow him looking at the floor. He gets an award, says one word and leaves with his disciple's. Phil Alexander (editor) is furious, "I'm gonna ask for it back! I didn't realise we were giving out the cunt award today"... Everyone I thought would be difficult were easy, James Brown (I had to call him Mr Brown), Sting, Roger Daltry, Arthur Lee, Marian Faithfull, Delroy Wilson etc... eeeeeasy. They did whatever I asked. Sting even asked to take a picture of me with my camera. The RHC Peppers were in awe, John (the guitarist) was visibly shaking as he read out a speech about Jimmy Page. Enjoyed it, must go to more events like this.

No comments: